The CHD 1812 is a versatile and compact HDMI to SDI converter with integrated frame synchronizer. It is an ideal solution for any application which requires a fully synchronized SDI input from an external asynchronous HDMI source.
The flexible reference sync input will accept any analog video sync format including SD bi-level sync, black burst, colorbars and tri-level HD sync. The sync input is auto detecting and fully cross lock compatible. For example: An SDTV reference can be used to frequency lock an HD HDMI input. If no reference is present, the converter performs a standard asynchronous HDMI to SDI conversion. A pair of stereo analog inputs can be embedded into any AES channel. Audio inputs can be either professional balanced audio with selectable full scale level, or unbalanced consumer line level audio. By default any audio present in the HDMI stream will be embedded into the SDI output or it can be replaced with the external audio signals.
The module is also compatible with the yelloGUI software package, which provides access to a host of additional internal settings including adjustable video delay for timing purposes.
An SDI fiber output is also provided with a variety of plug in SFP options available.
Note: For legal reasons, HDMI conversion products from LYNX Technik AG are designed not to capture, convert or transmit video or audio from HDCP copy-protected sources (e.g. Satellite receivers, Cable receivers, Blu Ray Players etc.)
• Supports SD/HD/3G -SDI formats
• 3D support
• Integrated Frame Synchronizer
• Multi-format sync reference input - cross lock compatible
• 2 x SDI outputs with optional SDI fiber output
• HDMI embedded audio passed transparently
• 2 x external analog audio inputs
• Professional balanced analog audio inputs or unbalanced line level
• Selectable AES channel for embedding external audio
• HDMI, reference and audio present LED indication
• yelloGUI compatible to access additional internal settings